Online Chlorophyll with Algal Class differentiation
An instrument for continuous chlorophyll and photosynthetic activity determination
The bbe AlgaeOnlineAnalyser is deployed in measuring stations and laboratories in which online measurement of water quality is required for rivers, reservoirs, dams and lakes as well as in drinking water production. The instrument offers rapid analysis of chlorophyll concentrations. The chlorophyll concentration, the transmission and optionally the photosynthetic activity are determined simultaneously.
The detection of different algal classes by excitation with coloured LEDs distinguishes this measuring instrument from its competitors. Part of the analysis is a yellow substances (CDOM) measurement to adjust the calculation of the total chlorophyll content. The integrated cleaning unit protects against growth problems during long-term measurement.
The fluorescence of algae via excitation by visible light mainly depends on the chlorophyll-a, a common pigment in the plant world. The presence of other pigments indicates different algae classes. The interaction of these different pigments with chlorophyll-a results in a special excitation spectrum for taxonomic algae classes.
The special patterns of this algal fluorescence - so-called fingerprints - are used in bbe fluorometers for the qualification of different algae classes. The light sources for the excitation are LEDs with selected wavelengths. The fingerprints of four algae classes and for yellow substances are predefined in the instrument. However, user-specific fingerprints can also be defined.
The physiological performance of the algae (algae activity) on photosynthesis is determined by excitation using additional background light. The resulting variable fluorescence allows the calculation of algae activity given as the Genty parameter. This Genty parameter represents the quantum yield and is also an expression of the vitality of the algae.
- Measuring range 0 µg/l - 200µg/l
- Weight 19 kg
- Size (HxWxD) 420x600x200 mm
- Voltage 230 V / 50 Hz or 110 V / 60 Hz
- Power input 100 W
- Sample temperature 0 - 30°C
- Sample volume 30 ml
- Data capacity 1000 data items
- Protection IP54
- Maintenance interval > 7 days
- Optional outputs: modem / 4-20mA / relays
- An online chlorophyll analysis for measuring stations as well as for laboratory use
- Simultaneous determination of chlorophyll concentration, activity of chlorophyll and transmission
- The sample determination of different algae classes by excitation with coloured LEDs (fluorescence spectroscopy)
- Calculation of the content of green algae, cyanobacteria, diatoms, dinoflagellates and cryptophyceae
- Direct measurement without sample preparation
Click on the image to download the 3-page bbe AOA brochure
Or contact us for more information on our analysers
- Format: PDF
- Filesize: 1MB
Click on the image to open a quote request form for the Algae Online Analyser
Or contact us for more information on our range of analysers