BioMonitor online BOD measurement
Control of Industrial and Municipal WWTP
LAR's BioMonitor is an online BOD analyser for the determination of biochemical oxygen demand (BOD), respiration and toxicity in wastewater. Using BioMonitor, operators can efficiently control their wastewater treatment plant.
- The BioMonitor is suitable for many different applications:
- Fast and reliable load ratio measurement of plant influent or effluent
- Controlling denitrification at the effluent through controlled dosing
- Adjustment of a constant sludge load by calculating the amount of return sludge using known concentration of influent biological degradable substances.
- Monitoring water quality
The patented method of the BioMonitor replicates a treatment plant in miniature. Activated sludge from the plant is used to degrade substances in the wastewater. The oxygen used in this process is measured. The respiration rate of the micro-organisms in the activated sludge is taken into consideration in order to accurately measure the final BOD figure.
- Precise and continuous determination of BOD in three or four minutes
- Activated Sludge Respiration measurement not only enables accurate BOD measurement, but also reflects the condition of the plant biomass
- Touch screen display depicts clear graphical representation of measured values
- Data may be printed out using the printer interface or transferred to a USB stick
- High correlation with BOD-5
- Rapid reaction to changes in BOD
- Patented filterless sample preparation providing a representative sample
Please contact us for more information:
Fill in the Application Survey to let us know more details about your monitoring requirements